Railway Training Institute (RTI) was established in 1956 as an implant school for Railways and Harbors in the East African Region.
The school is currently registered as a Technical Training Institute under Education Act Cap 211 to offer diploma and certificate courses in Engineering and Business studies in addition to Rail and Marine training.
The Institute is looking for suitable and qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions:
Ref: HRR/ADM 002
- Shall be responsible for the maintenance of all student academic records including:
- Implementation of registration policies and procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with academic, regulatory and accreditation policies and requirements.
- Preparation of all registration materials and forms for each registration period.
- Compiling statistical data required for various class size, faculty load and enrollment reports.
- Maintaining accurate records of all courses and curriculum requirements.
- Bachelors degree from a recognized university preferably business administration.
- A Post graduate Diploma in Records Management or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner.
- High level of personal organization.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Computer proficiency
- Systems Administrator will be responsible for the maintenance and operation of the ICT
- infrastructure of the Institute including reporting to the ICT Manager.
- Provision of technical support and guidance for all data systems and infrastructure.
- Analysis, design, coding, testing and implementation of computer programmes for user support.
- Maintenance of ICT equipment and related peripherals.
- Receiving, installing and certifying ICT equipment.
- Ensuring that the network is operational and appropriate back-up rules are implemented
- Carrying out preventive maintenance on the ICT systems.
- Responding to and troubleshooting emergencies including server and system outages.
- Designing and integration of appropriate ICT systems and ensure compatibility of existing systems and network infrastructure.
- A Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Satisfactorily served for at least three (3) years in the grade of ICT Assistant in the Institute or a comparable position in a similar institution.
- Ability to identify and resolve computer operating systems.
- Demonstrate an excellent command for win 2003 server installation, configuration and setup
- Demonstrate excellent Knowledge of Microsoft office applications
- Experience with an ERP system will be an added advantage
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of LAN and WAN set up and configuration
- Self-motivated, able to take initiative and work well with minimal supervision
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
- High degree of integrity.
Download the application form at www.krc.co.ke and send the completed form with relevant certificates and testimonials to the Director.
While applying, quote the job reference number.
Applications should reach the Director on or before 28th January, 2011.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Railway Training institute
P.O. Box 42226-00100