Sasini Limited is a leading agricultural company in Kenya, and is listed on the Nairobi Stock Exchange. The company is involved in the growing, processing, marketing and export of tea and coffee.
It has also, in recent years, diversified into horticulture, dairy, milling of coffee, lifestyle coffee lounges and the retail sales of branded tea and coffee products.
We are currently looking for a Financial Controller for our Tea Division based at Sotik, Kenya.
Reporting administratively to the General Manager-Kipkebe Ltd and functionally to the Group Financial Controller at the Nairobi Head Office, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing and maintaining effective and efficient financial systems and
ensuring accurate and timely management and financial reporting.
- Responsible for the overall Financial, Accounting and IT functions at Estate Level.
- Financial Policies and Procedures – Establish, implement, continuously review and where necessary improve financial policies and procedures and ensure that they are being adhered to.
- Asset Management - Ensure all company’s assets are adequately maintained, secured and safeguarded.
- Budgeting - Co-ordinate the annual budgeting process and half yearly budget review for submission and approval.
- Annual and Monthly Accounts – Coordinate production of accurate and timely monthly management accounts and annual financial accounts at the Estate Level.
- PR, HR and Admin - In liaison with the General Manager handle public relations, personnel and administration matters
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Professional qualification in CPA / ACCA or equivalent
- At least 10 to 15 years relevant experience
- Membership of an accounting regulatory body will be an added advantage
- High levels of integrity, strong management/interpersonal skills and analytical skills
- Knowledge of ERP systems is essential.
Interested candidates should send their application and CV addressed to the Human Resource & Administration Manager, to reach us on or before Tuesday, 18th January 2011, by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those short listed for interview will be contacted.