Unga Holdings Limited wishes to recruit individuals to fill the following positions in its respective sites in Kenya.
The successful candidates will undergo a two year training program in production, feed/flour milling, maintenance, & inventory management
To meet this exciting challenge, the ideal candidate should have:-
- At least a Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical/Production Engineering) or Food Science and Technology from a recognized institution.
- Min. 1 year work experience in a medium sized organization
- Competencies - Leadership, Problem analysis, Persuasive communication, Interpersonal sensitivity, Planning, Organizing, Decisiveness and Innovativeness among others
- A good attitude, willingness to learn and computer literate Environment, Safety & Health Officer
- Graduate in Business, Engineering, Science or related field
- Minimum 3 year’s experience in a busy multiple site manufacturing business (preferably food/feed processing).
- Knowledge and understanding of Kenya and Uganda SHE regulations
- Knowledge of GMP and experience in Kaizen
Key Result Areas:
Co-ordinates all SHE matters in Unga including compliance & Reports to the relevant Government authorities.
Keep up-to-date on current regional SHE legislation and regulatory changes and ensures company position and input is given via relevant lobbying groups.
Conducts internal assessment audits in liaison with NEMA and advises on corrective actions required for dust emissions, noise pollution, effluent discharges and solid waste management.
Develop and implement company SHE protocols and procedures, conduct internal investigations of accidents and incidents, prepare reports and make recommendations
- Minimum Diploma in Food Science and Technology but a degree will be an added advantage
- Diploma / Advanced Certificate in Milling Technology
- Minimum three years experience in a milling industry with exposure in Kaizen
- Plan and manage optimal running & maintenance of the plant and machinery to achieve scheduled productivity
- Ensure Finished Goods meet all company specifications.
- Ensure SHE requirements for personnel and machinery are maintained in the plant at all times
- Provide career guidance to production staff for succession planning
- Team Leader in Kaizen improvement projects
- BSc. Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge of grain handling and milling equipment
- Strong mechanical aptitudes, and a working knowledge of electrical, and mechanical systems.
- Hands on Experience on Modern PLC operated process equipment
- Ability to read and interpret technical data, drawings and manuals
- Minimum 5 years experience with at least 3 years holding a responsible position in plant maintenance field.
- Proficiency in MS Office, AUTOCAD knowledge will be an added advantage
- Developing efficient and effective preventive maintenance programs for all equipment and machines
- Implementing budget controls and monitor the maintenance budget to ensure no over expenditure
- Organizing, direct and motivate the maintenance team to optimize productivity
- Providing effective support and project management to achieve the scheduled timelines and cost
- Facilitating competitive sourcing of cost value engineering services to maximize company returns
- A degree in Food science, Engineering or any Business field and a min of 5 years working experience
- A certified Kaizen Practitioner and Trainer of Trainers.
- At least 2 yrs experience in coordinating Gemba Kaizen and internal workshops.
- Understanding of 5K & Visual management , TPM, TSM, TQM & SCM
Key Result Areas
- Ensure effective day to day leadership and motivation of the Kaizen teams to achieve continual improvement goals.
- Act as the Internal Consultant that leads the change process that results in cost reduction, continuous improvements and improved productivity
- Ensures internal Education & Training goals succeed, utilizing TWI’s Job instruction to sustain Standard Work.
- Conducts Internal Audits of all continuous improvement projects
Send your applications to:
The Group Human Resource Manager
Unga Holdings Limited
Ngano House, 5th Floor