KCA University is a dynamic private business university of choice in Kenya committed to quality service and ethical practices. Due to its rapid growth over the years, we are seeking to recruit competent, dynamic and ambitious professionals to fill the following position:
Director, Human Resources
Reporting To: Vice Chancellor
Terms of Employment: Permanent
Job Grade: 8
The Director of the Department of Human Resources, as a member of the senior management team, plays a key role in ensuring best HR practice in attracting, developingand motivating staff with professional skills matching the University’s needs in a way that reflects a customer oriented organization that responds effectively to changing needs.
The responsible official will be required to guide and manage the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies and programs of the University, initiate high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, goal attainment and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
Provide overall leadership for the division of Human Resources which includes;
- Diversity & Affirmative action,
- Human Resource information systems
- Human Resource programs and solutions
- Human Capital planning and forecast
- Faculty and staff training & development
- Development of short and long term strategic goals for the department in line with overall goals
- High performance culture
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Faculty and staff wellness and health & safety programs
- Organizational structure and development
- Employee relations
- Compliance to regulatory concerns
- Training, Development and succession planning
- Formulation and administration of university policies and procedures
- Formation of part of a team that develops the University’s strategic plan including short term plans
- Provide advice to the Vice Chancellor and Colleagues on Human Resource related issues
- Together with the VC, provide general support to the Board of Trustees and Governing Council in the area of Human Resources
- Serve on various divisions and university committees
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Masters degree in human resources, business administration, management, public administration or related HR training and qualifications
- Post graduate diploma in Human Resources Management
- CPS qualification will be an added advantage
- A member of the Institute of Human Resources Management
Age : Mature individual between 38 – 50 years
- A minimum of eight years of progressive responsible professional experience in human resources management, significant part of this period on a managerial level
- A thorough understanding and hands-on experience in personnel management and organizational change, knowledge of HR management theory and general management concepts;
- Conversant with ERP systems.
- The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Supervisory, problem solving, negotiations, team building and basic counseling skills. Effective verbal and listening communications skills. Public relations, report writing skills, strong and dynamic presentation skills, stress and time management skills
- Research and program development skills
- Qualitative and quantitative analytical skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Possess the highest level of integrity and a strong sense of personal accountability for business performance and for accomplishing the goals of the business.
- Demonstrated success in working and building effective internal relationships that move the business forward.
- Strong focus on customer service delivery.
- Effective people management and staff development experience. The ability to effectively manage others through influence, as well as with direct authority.
- A strategic thinker who is capable of developing and articulating clear and compelling HR strategies.
- Ability to partner effectively to implement and execute programs through people (emphasize teamwork).
- A self-starter, confident in his/her abilities, self-motivated and able to work effectively with little supervision.
- Creative and flexible in attitude and style to adapt to new situations in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment.
Interested candidates to send their applications together with Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of their certificates to the following addresses not later than Friday 25th February, 2011.
P. O. Box 56808, 00200
Or send by email to: email@example.com
Please quote the reference no. of the position you have applied for on the envelope.
We appreciate all applicants, but please note that only short listed candidates will be communicated to.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.