Title: Program Officers (GBV)
Location: Nyeri, Nakuru & Machakos
The GBV Officer will provide oversight to the Gender Based Violence program at facility and community level to ensure service provision, medico-legal linkages and community sensitization and creation of demand for services.
The officer will ensure the provision of the highest standards for service delivery to survivors of sexual violence. This will largely entail capacity building/strengthening to GoK, CSOs and other partners including the private sector.
- Provide leadership to APHIAplus staff, MoH officials and other stakeholders including APHIAplus partners to identify gender needs and concerns and facilitate them in integrating gender into programming of their HIV/AIDS work.
- Support the links with governmental and other stakeholders to strengthen APHIAplus engagement in gender work within the national and international HIV/AIDS response.
- Scaling up PRC services in collaboration with the Ministry of Public Health and Sanitation facilities.
- Work in collaboration with other technical project area to ensure synergies in the various programs.
- Ensure development and timely implementation of work plans, budgeting and accounting of resources allocated to the APHIAplus gender program.
- To prepare periodic and special reports documenting program performance and to participate in professional association forums, in local and international conferences.
- Degree or Diploma in medical or social science with over 3 years experience in GBV programming
- Knowledge and experience on provision of post rape care services or implementation of GBV programs
- Good communication, demonstrable leadership and report writing skills
- Training skills
- Demonstrable leadership and report writing skills
- Good with MS Office suite
Qualified applicants are invited to send their cover letter and detailed CV along with contacts of three referees, Salary history and expectations, clearly stating the position and location applied for, to:
Human Resource and Administration Division,
Liverpool VCT, Care and Treatment,
P.O Box 19835, 00202 Nairobi, Kenya
Or email: email@example.com
so as to reach us NOT later than April 4, 2011
Note: Only short listed applicant will be contacted.
LVCT is an equal opportunity employer