Catholic Relief Services –USCCB is the official agency of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops for relief and development overseas.
CRS supports programs in over 100 countries and works through local partners.
We are seeking suitable persons to fill the following position.
All candidates require technical competencies in the respective areas, excellent computerskills, oral and written communication skills, willingness to travel to the field and a commitment to work with and support faith based partners of CRS many of whom are Catholic institutions
Job Title: Procurement Officer
To provide advanced skills in performing often complex and difficult duties in implementing the organization’s Purchasing Policies and Procedures for acquisition of goods and services.
To ensure just, equitable, and efficient use of resources and challenge unethical or misguided practices or decisions.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparing and dispatching of Requests for Quotations
- Processing purchase orders and expediting deliveries.
- Running tenders in line with the procurement rules of the donor, CRS and GoK.
- Verification and processing of invoices.
- Submit applications for Duty and VAT exemptions to the Ministry of Finance and follow up on approvals.
- Liaise with the Admin Officer to inventory equipment in the assets database
- Maintain procurement and requisitions tracking system
- Assist Project Managers in developing procurement plans
- Monitor contract performance and ensure compliance with terms and conditions.
- Facilitate renewal of contractual agreements based on performance evaluation.
- Capacity building of staff on procurement practices and procedures
- Respond to queries from contractors and staff in regard to procurement matters.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and attitudes
- BA/BS Degree in Administration or Business Management
- Professional Qualifications in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
- Registration with the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management
- Demonstrated good written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of various donor regulations e.g. USAID Procurement regulations and the local Public Procurement and Disposal Act
- Excellent planning, organization and negotiation skills
- Team work, client orientation and ability to make sound decisions
- Demonstrate diplomacy, flexibility, and resourcefulness
Written applications indicating the reference number of position applied for and CV including day-time contact phone numbers, as well as names and contact information of three references should reach the below-mentioned by June 3, 2011.
Note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Human Resources Manager
Catholic Relief Services – Kenya Program
P.O. Box 49675, GPO 00100 Nairobi