Africa Nazarene University is a Chartered Christian University that integrates faith with learning to produce well rounded individuals who are able to meet challenges of their times.
It is sponsored by the Church of Nazarene, an international Protestant denomination grounded in the Wesleyan holiness tradition.
Applications are invited for the following position:
Dean of students Office
Senior Assistant Dean of Students
- Applicants must have Masters degree in counseling Psychology/Guidance and Counseling, Education Psychology or related field
- At least 6 years administrative experience in students’ welfare matters in a University as an assistant Dean of Students.
- A deep, genuine interest in the work of students welfare
- Mature with proven ability to effectively interact with students and other members of the University community
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong leadership and team work abilities
- Ability to pro-actively respond to Students’ needs
- Strong analytical skills
- Integrity, commitment to service and respect for diversity
Duties and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Dean of Students, the successful candidate will perform the following duties:
- Coordinate all matters that affect student hostels, health, sports and student welfare including guidance, counseling and academic matters.
- Advising the ANU Student Council on matters concerning its functions.
- Handling student disciplinary cases.
- Co-coordinating all students’ publications and communication.
Applicants should give full details of education and professional qualifications, experience, current post, salary and other financial benefits, copies of certificates, curriculum vitae, transcripts, the names and addresses of three referees (one of whom should be present or previous employer), should be addressed to:-
The Vice Chancellor
Africa Nazarene University
P.O. Box 53067 – 00200
Applications should reach the office not later than Friday, 12th August, 2011.
Applications could also be dropped at our Town Campus located at the Stanbank Building, Moi Avenue.
Note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.