KENYAN DIASPORA COMMUNITY CAN NOW GET ALL THE LATEST NEWS FROM KENYA. JUST CLICK HERE
Wednesday, 5 October 2011
Judiciary Registrars Job Vacancies in Kenya
Republic of Kenya
Judicial Service Commission
Vacancies in the Offices of Registrars in the Judiciary
The Judicial Service Commission of Kenya invites applications from qualified persons for the following positions in the Judiciary:-
1. Registrar, Judicial Service Commission (1 Post) - V/No. 9/2011
2. Registrar, Supreme Court (1 Post) - V/No. 10/2011
3. Registrar, Court of Appeal (1 Post) - V/No. 11/2011
4. Registrar, High Court ( 1 Post) - V/No. 12/2011
5. Registrar, Subordinate Courts (1 Post) - V/No.13/2011
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Period of service: Retirement at the age of 60 years with an election to retire on attaining the age of 50 years
Each Registrar shall be responsible for the Day to Day Administration of The Commission, The particular Superior Courts and The Subordinate Courts respectively and to the Chief Registrar in the overall exercise of their functions.
Requirements for Appointment:
A person shall not be qualified for appointment as Registrar unless such a person is an advocate of the High Court of Kenya and has since qualification
(a) Become eligible for appointment as Judge of the High Court
(b) Served for at least ten years as professionally qualified magistrate; or
(c) Attained at least ten years’ experience as a distinguished academic or legal practitioner or such experience in other relevant field; or
(d) Held the qualifications specified in paragraphs (i) to (iii) for a period amounting , in aggregate, to ten years; and
(e) Has demonstrated competence in the performance of administrative duties for not less than three years.
(f) Has a High Moral character, integrity and impartiality.
(In addition to the above qualifications, the applicants must demonstrate a high degree of professional competence, communication skills, fairness, good temperament, making of good judgments in both legal and life experiences and commitment to public and community service.)
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by forwarding 12 Copies of the following (as well as a soft copy):-
(1) A letter of application clearly indicating the position and vacancy number of the position applied for.
(2) A detailed and updated curriculum vitae summarizing the applicant’s bio-data including, background information, (such as community service, financial discipline, pro bono activity, involvement as a party in litigation and involvement in political activity including any financial contribution to any political party/parties and criminal record) legal/professional engagement for the last five (5) years, three (3) professional referees and two (2) character references who can verify and comment on the applicant’s past and present employment.
(3) Completed Application for Employment Forms in triplicate viz JSC 2A(for public officers) or JSC 2 (for other applicants)
(4) The applicant’s three recent colored passport size photographs.
(5) Five (5) samples of any writings by the applicant, including but not limited to judgments, advocacy submissions in courts, scholarly writings or any legal publications that the applicant has authored.
(6) Declaration of income and liabilities as at the time of making the application, using the prescribed forms (The Declaration of Income, Assets and Liabilities Form JSC 2b) . For those who are in Government employment, attach copies of returns of declaration of income and liabilities and for those in private practice attach income tax returns, for the last three (3) years.
(7) Certified copies of testimonials and professional certificates and academic transcripts.
Judicial Service Commission
P.O. Box 30041 – 00100 Nairobi
So as to reach the Commission within a period of twenty one (21) days from the date of this advertisement.
Please indicate the position and vacancy number on the envelope
The JSC 2A and JSC 2 Forms and the Declaration of Income and Assets Forms are available free of charge at the Commission’s Secretary/Chief Registrar’s Chambers, Room No. 10 at the old High Court
Building, (now Supreme Court) Nairobi during office hours.
The Forms can also be downloaded from the Judiciary’s Website - www.judiciary.go.ke
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and selects candidates on merit, through fair and open competition, from the widest range of eligible candidates.
G. Boss Shollei,
Judicial Service Commission.
Labels: Law and Judicial Jobs