The Centre for Mathematics, Science and Technology Education in Africa (CEMASTEA) is an institution under the Ministry of Education that offers In-Service Education and Training (INSET) for Mathematics and Science Teachers in Kenya.
The Centre also serves as a Regional INSET Centre for Strengthening of Mathematics and Science Education in Western, Eastern, Central and Southern Africa (SMASE WECSA) for 34 African countries. CEMASTEA is looking for professionals of high integrity, dependable, self-driven, customer focused, team players and able to meet strict deadlines to fill the following position;
Job Group J
The Librarian will be responsible for;
- Identification and acquisition of library materials;
- Safeguarding of Library inventory;
- Preparation and organization of library resources;
- Bibliographic searching and retrieval;
- Maintenance of serial records and updating of database;
- Shelving and filing of materials.
- Higher National Diploma in Library Studies or Information Science or equivalent qualification;
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean Grade C (Plain) or its equivalent qualification with at least a C (plain) in either Mathematics, English or Kiswahili;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- At least two (2) years’ experience performing similar duties.
How to apply:
All qualified candidates including persons with disability should send their application and detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, a daytime phone contact, email address, and names of two referees plus certified copies of Academic Certificates in a sealed envelope with the Advert No. clearly marked on the envelope by close of business 24th November 2011 to:-
P.O. Box 24214-00502