A new luxury 5-star Hotel in Nairobi is now accepting applications from persons with hotel experience to fill the following positions:
Guest Relations Officer
- Guest Relations Officer will handle front desk in all aspects including welcoming guests into the hotel, providing a warm reception, ensuring guests are happy with their service at all times. When VIPs check in, he/she will escort them to their rooms and offer them the amenities they may want availed.
- Applicants should have certificate in Front Desk Operations from recognized hotel schools having trained in customer service and should have 3-5 years experience in a customer service oriented role from a 5-Star hotel. Excellent product knowledge of surrounding area, people, customs, etc and foreign language is an added advantage.
Receptionists / Cashiers
- These will greet guests, allocate rooms according to laid-down procedures and check-in / check-out guests.
- Candidates should hold Certificate in Front Desk Operations from recognized hotel schools with 2-3 years experience from a 5-Star hotel.
- OPERA knowledge and foreign language are an added advantage and applicants should have excellent communication skills and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Business Centre Attendants
- The selected candidates will provide general secretarial services as well as re-conformation & ticket handling.
- Applicants should have a Diploma in secretarial / computer studies with 2-3 years cyber cafe experience. Ability to type both English and foreign languages as well as operating all equipment of Business Centre is essential.
- These will operate telephone business systems equipment or switchboards to relay incoming, outgoing, and interoffice calls as well as supplying information to callers and recording messages.
- Candidates should have Certificate in Front Desk Operations from recognized hotel schools with 2-3 years experience including PABX from a 5-Star hotel. They should hold a Diploma in secretarial studies or receptionist/switchboard operations. Training in customer service or equivalent experience and foreign languages are an added advantage.
- The Concierge will coordinate guest requests with designated vendors according to departmental standards and will assist with guest needs and requests to ensure guests feel welcome at the hotel and that they enjoy their stay.
- Applicants should hold KCSE Certificate, be trained in customer service and have minimum 3 years relevant experience in a 5-star hotel,
- They should have good interpersonal and communication skills, be presentable / well groomed, attentive and agile as the job demands speed and efficiency in its execution.
Doormen / Porters
- They will coordinate guest requests with designated vendors according to departmental standards and assist with guest needs / requests to ensure positive guest experience. They should make guests feel welcome at the hotel and that they enjoy their stay.
- Candidates should be presentable / well groomed, attentive and agile as the job demands speed and efficiency in its execution. They should hold KCSE Certificate with good interpersonal and communication skills, customer service training and minimum 3 years relevant experience in a 5-star hotel.
- Valets Attendants will park and retrieve guest vehicles and assure a superior guest experience for all patrons utilizing the valet parking services.
- They should have minimum KCSE Certificate, a valid B, C, E driving license with at least 6 months PSV driving experience. Prior work experience in the hotel industry will be an added advantage.
- The Drivers will provide effective transport facilitation to hotel guests by following hotel standards in order to attain the objectives of the hotel.
- Prior work experience in the hotel industry will be an added advantage. Candidates should have minimum of KCSE Certificate, a valid driving license of classes B, C, E with minimum of 6 years experience and at least 6 months PSV.
Food & Beverage Service
- Banqueting Coordinator will liaise with all clients, ascertaining their requirements and co-ordinating their needs to ensure successful execution of functions.
- Applicants should hold a Diploma in Hotel/ F&B management with minimum 3 years supervisory experience in the hospitality or conference industry.
Barmen / Ladies
Barmen/Ladies should hold a Diploma/Certificate in F&B service with minimum 3 years experience in a 4-Star / 5-Star establishment.
Restaurant Waiters / Waitresses
They should hold a Certificate in F&B service with minimum of 2 years experience working within a 4-Star / 5-Star establishment.
- Glass Hand will be responsible for cleaning dishes, kitchen, food preparation equipment, utensils etc.
- Applicants should hold a Certificate in F&B service with minimum 2 years working experience in a 4-Star/5-Star establishment. They should be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions.
Food & Beverage Kitchen
- He/she will supervise and coordinate activities of personnel in bread-baking department, plan production according to daily requirements, request supplies and equipment and maintain production records.
- Candidates will have a minimum 2 years working experience in food preparation in a 5-Star hotel.
Chef De Partie
- The Chef De Partie will create high quality dishes in their role as part of the kitchen team. They should be able to work independently and be self starters.
- The selected candidates will hold Diploma in Food Production with minimum 2 years experience in a 4-Star / 5-Star establishment.
- The Cooks will manage all aspects of food preparation, production and presentation of meals and food offerings while consistently providing high quality products for all hotel guests.
- They should have certificate in food production from a recognized hotel school with minimum 2 years experience in a 4-Star / 5-Star establishment.
The Kitchen Steward will run the hotel back of house operation, ensuring proper maintenance of all operating equipment and dish washing machines. Applicants should have obtained KCSE certificate.
Candidates should hold a Certificate in Housekeeping and Laundry from a recognized hotel school and should have at least 2 years experience in a 5-Star hotel.
Candidates should hold a Certificate in Housekeeping from a recognized hotel school and should have at least 3 years experience in a 5-Star hotel.
The selected candidates will have a Certificate in Housekeeping and Laundry from a recognized hotel school and at least 2 years experience in a 5-Star hotel.
The job holders will be expected to have a Certificate in Tailoring from a reputable tailoring training institution and have at least 2 years experience in a 5-Star hotel.
Public Area Cleaners
The selected candidates will clean assigned public areas to ensure they remain clean, orderly, attractive areas i.e. Restaurants, Conference rooms, Lobby Lifts, Corridors Areas Public Areas Washrooms and Path ways. Applicants should have at least 3 years experience in a 5-Star hotel.
They should hold a Diploma or above in fitness, aerobics or gym instruction with 2 years experience and those with certificates must have not less than 3 years experience. It is essential that they have practical experience in aerobics instruction for groups, concrete knowledge of fitness for special population and able to write reports on work performance.
- The Masseurs will perform specialized techniques that help relax and manipulate muscles. They should have Certificate/Diploma in massage therapy, reflexology and aromatherapy from a recognized training institution with 3-5 years relevant experience.
Health Club Receptionist
He/she should hold a Certificate in Front Desk Operations from recognized hotel school with 3 years experience from a 5-Star hotel. They should have excellent communication skills and ability to work in a fast paced environment. Knowledge of foreign language, OPERA and MICROS will be of an advantage.
Health Club Attendants
Applicants should hold a Certificate in housekeeping from a recognized hotel school. They should have 3 years of relevant experience in a 5-Star hotel.
Finance / Purchasing & Stores
- The Credit Assistant will establish policies and procedures for credit application processes and maintain credit for clients.
- Candidates should have University Degree or Diploma with CPA II and minimum 2 years relevant experience. They should be proficient in computers with excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and presentation skills.
- Payroll Administrator will prepare payroll for all employees of the hotel.
- Applicants should have Diploma in Accounting or Business Administration with 2 years experience in payroll accounting as payroll administrator in 4-Star or 5-Star hotel; a high degree of confidentiality is essential.
- Candidates should have CPA II qualification with 2 years relevant experience in the hotel industry.
- They should have strong computer and organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to compile facts and figures.
F & B Cashier
- The F & B Cashier will be in charge of the cash register including cash and credit card transactions, tipping out wait staff and balancing the register at the end of the shift.
- Candidates should hold a Diploma/Certificate in F&B service with minimum 2 years experience within a 4-Star / 5-star establishment as a cashier.
- The Assistant Storekeeper will take charge of receipts, issuing of stores, preserving and maintaining stores’ records and supervising junior storekeepers and stores attendants.
- Applicants will have KCSE C Plain with at least C Minus in Mathematics and English. They should have an Advanced Certificate in Supplies Management from a recognized institution and should be proficient in computer applications.
- The Purchasing Clerk will process inventory and non-inventory orders, including accepting and placing orders.
- Candidates should have minimum CPA II and should demonstrate effective organizational skills, ability to handle work efficiently and teamwork skills.
- They should have ability to work independently with minimal supervision and at least 2 years experience in a hotel.
- Receiving Clerk will check and inspect incoming inventory, verifying quality, keeping records of all daily deliveries, tracking outbound inventory and charging the various cost centers appropriately.
- Candidates must have C Plain in Mathematics and English at KCSE with at least CPA I and they should have effective communication skills with ability to work efficiently and independently.
Assistant Receivable Clerk
- The Assistant Receivable Clerk will be responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations.
- Candidates should have University degree with CPA II and 3 years experience in a busy finance environment. Excellent customer service and ability to multitask and work independently are desirable qualities.
- The IT Assistant will take care of the day –to-day support and troubleshooting of all in-house software and hardware (desktops, laptops, printers, phones, Electronic door lock system etc) at the Hotel.
- Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, preferably with 3 years working experience in server administration, helpdesk and office network supporting Micro Fidelio, Material Control and Sun systems applications.
Audio Visual Technician
- He/she will set up and operate motion picture projection and related sound reproduction equipment.
- They should hold a Diploma or Degree in IT/Telecommunications/Electronics/ Computer Engineering with a minimum of 3 years experience working in a 4-Star / 5-Star hotel or a reputable IT firm.
Human Resources Assistant – Training & Development
- He/she will provide support in the functions of training & development, including developing and implementing a training manual for the hotel.
- Applicants should have University degree with a strong preference for business or human resources management.
- They should have 3-5 years experience in human resource training and development and demonstrate experience in these fields.
- Exceptional interpersonal/ communication skills, ability to communicate detailed and/or technical information, strong organizational, time management and computer skills are essential.
Gas Technicians: ENGGF/2012
Air Conditioning Technicians: ENGACT/2012
- Applicants should have a minimum Diploma qualification in either of the above fields.
- They should have minimum 3 years working experience in a well established organization, be computer literate, have leadership skills and the ability to multi skill in other fields.
- For Gas Technicians, they should have knowledge in modern kitchen and gas equipments.
Painters / Vanishers: ENGPV/2012
They should have a Government Trade Test Grade 1 with ability to multi skill and 2 years experience in the hotel industry.
- They will operate washing and dry –cleaning machines for hotel, commercial, industrial or household linen.
- Applicants should hold a Certificate in Housekeeping and Laundry from a recognized hotel school and should have at least 2 years experience in a 5-Star hotel.
Boiler Attendant / Laundry Technician
Applicants should have a Government Trade Test Grade 1 with 2 years experience in the hotel industry and the ability to multitask.
- The Security Guards should have at least C plain in KCSE and experience in CCTV operations.
- They should possess basic security training from a recognized security firm and/or institution and should be conversant with basic fire and first aid skills.
- Candidates should have ability to effectively use VHF Radios and security phonetic alphabets and should have at least three years professional experience in a similar capacity from a five star hotel.
Interested applicants are invited to apply to
P.O Box 49010 - 00100
quoting the reference number on both envelop and cover letter.
Applications to be received by 26th January 2012, 5 pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.