The International Rescue Committee has been working in Somalia since 2006, providing essential services to conflict and disaster affected communities.
The IRC has been operational in Central Somalia (Mudug and Galgadud regions) and Mogadishu implementing interventions in the areas of livelihood, WASH and health reaching out to more than 200,000 conflict and drought affected people.
Applications are invited for the position of:
Human Resources and Administration Officer
Reporting to the Operations Coordinator, the HR/Admin officer will support and lead in various HR and admin functions for IRC Somalia such as
- Ensuring adherence to all personnel policies; recruitment, orientation and training for staff;
- Managing staff payroll;
- Staff contract management and overall office administration.
This position will be based in Nairobi with travel to field sites in Somalia
- University Degree/College diploma in Management, Business Administration with focus on human resource management and office administration
- At least 3-5 years experience with an INGO in similar roles
- Strong organizational skills, ability to operate professionally and at a pace that assists in fast tracking various HR processes and decisions
- Ability to manage demanding workload and problem solving
- Excellent computer skills, especially word, excel and power point
- Excellent in English and Somali both speaking & writing
Deadline for applications: 7th April 2012.
Given the urgency of the recruitments, interviews will be held on an ongoing basis as and when applications are received.
Qualified candidates are requested to send their application and CV to the email ID: IRCSomaliaJobs@rescue.org with the subject line as IRC Somalia Jobs- Application for the position of HR/Admin officer.
Please do not attach any certificates at the application stage.
IRC leading the way from harm to home IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion,sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.