The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) is established under article 88 of the Constitution of Kenya with the mandate of conducting or supervising referenda and elections to any elective body or office established by this Constitution, and any other elections as prescribed by an act of Parliament.
Other duties include delimitation of electoral units, registration of voters, regulation of political parties, voter education, settling of electoral disputes and modernization and reforming of electoral processes and systems.
IEBC ensures that elections are credible, transparent, free and fair. It is committed to upholding national values and principles of good governance and democracy.
The Commission adheres to principles of the law on public services especially on leadership and integrity.
The IEBC invites applications for the following positions.
Constituency Elections Coordinator (CEC )
- Provide management support, develop and oversee the implementation of strategies, policies, plans and budgets at the constituency level while ensuring the alignment of these to the regional and overall Commission strategies;
- Ensure that election operation activities at the constituency level comply with internal controls and budget restrictions;
- Ensure provision of administrative support services at the constituency level including distribution of election materials, transport management, implementation of security policies and protocols and ensuring the safe custody of the Commission’s assets;
- Be responsible for sound financial management and prudent use of all Commission funds at constituency level in line with commission’s financial policies;
- Liaise with the Regional Election Coordinator to implement training programmes for registration and election officials at the constituency level;
- Identify, inspect suitable polling, nominations and tallying centers;
- Liaise with regional administrative and security officials at the constituency level to ensure safety of Commission Assets;
- Undertake the verification, compilation and revision of Constituency voter’s register as required by law from time to time;
- Liaise with political parties with respect to elections and related activities;
- Develop accountability measures, monitor the performance indicators at the constituency levels and ensure the timely preparation of periodic reports;
- He/she will be the Returning Officer during elections and the Registration Officer during voter registration.
- Minimum undergraduate degree from a recognized university;
- A minimum of Six (6) years working experience in management of public affairs;
- Proven experience in results-based management, monitoring and evaluation or managing election process is an added advantage;
- Must be computer literate and should possess good negotiation, planning and coordination skills;
- Additional training, professional Qualifications and experience of fieldwork will be an advantage.
The Job Application Process
Applicants should fill the online form provided on the Commission website www.iebc.or.ke/careers.
A printed copy of the form and copies of certificates can be dropped or posted to the
Chief Executive Officer/ Commission Secretary
at the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission, Anniversary Towers,
6th Floor Reception, University Way,
P. O. Box 45371 - 00100 Nairobi, Kenya.
Forms are also available at the Commission Headquarters and Regional Offices.
Applications must be received on or before 30st March 2012.
The Commission is a equal opportunity employer.
Canvassing will lead to disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates will be vetted as per Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Chief Executive Officer / Commission Secretary