Recruitment of Finance and Administration Manager
2 Positions (Kisumu & Garissa)
Position title: Cluster Finance and Administration Manager
Report to: Cluster Team Leader
Duty Station: Sauri, Kisumu and Dertu, Garissa
Contract period: One year, renewable.
About Millennium Promise and Millennium Villages Project
Millennium Promise is the leading international non-profit organization solely committed to supporting the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals to halve extreme poverty by 2015.
Its flagship initiative is the Millennium Villages Project In collaboration with the Earth Institute at Columbia University, Millennium Promise has the administrative and operations responsibility of the Millennium Villages Project, which supports integrated social and business development services for more than 500,000 people in rural communities across 10 countries in sub-Saharan Africa. (Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mali, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, and Uganda)
Millennium Villages Project reflects Millennium Promise’s focus on simultaneously addressing the inter-connected challenges of poverty - which include hunger and malnutrition, disease and lack of access to health care, poor education, water and sanitation and insufficient infrastructure, among others.
The organization engages partners from the private and public sectors, national governments, and individuals
Duties and Responsibilities
The Cluster Finance and Administration Manager is responsible to the Team leader and will supervise the Accounting, procurement, logistics, administration and Human Resource functions.
More specifically, SHE/HE will:
- Ensure that cluster fully complies with the Financial Procedures and Policies;
- Ensure systems of internal control are in place and effective;
- Maintain an adequate register and documentation of all in-kind donations received; stocked and distributed to end beneficiaries;
- Ensure that updated fixed assets register is maintained for all project property and equipment and carry out completed inventory of assets at every quarter;
- Ensure adequate systems are in place for project vehicles management including, fuel consumption controls; vehicles movements; controls over vehicle maintenance and repair; vehicle insurance; vehicle physical security; etc.
- Ensure management of office and the office premises have physical security;
- Ensure the Millennium Promise complies with all applicable laws and regulations relating to finance, human resource and administration;
- Collaborate and liaise with the MDG Centre Regional Finance Manager and Regional Human Resource Manager in all financial and Human Resource matters;
- Support the Team Leader in all human resource matters including hiring staff, Procuring contracts, handling disciplinary matters, grievance and staff mediation, managing staff leave; performance evaluation, medical insurance; etc.
- Carry out any other duty as assigned by your supervisor.
Skills and Credentials
- Minimum of 5 years of increasingly responsibility financial management experience, NGO experience preferred, not required;
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in accounting, finance or related field; HR management training will be an added asset.
- Professional Accountant or Management certification is preferred, not required.
- Very Good spoken and written communication skills in English;
- Good understanding of Local Accounting Standards and tax compliance framework.
- Very Good knowledge of MS Excel
- Experience with automated financial accounting systems is preferred.
- Very Good interpersonal skills.
- Experience in managing bank accounts and cash.
- Experience in developing and monitoring budgets for multi-funds organizations.
- Experience in Management will be an added advantage
Terms of Offer
Millennium Promise is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary.
The contract is for an initial period of one year, renewable subject to three months probation period.
How to apply
- A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position, and your salary expectations.
- Detailed and up-to-date curriculum vitae.
- The names and addresses of three referees, including telephone numbers and email addresses, and fax details, if available.
Please indicate on your application which of the two duty stations you are applying for i.e. Sauri, Kisumu or Dertu, Garissa.
Address this to:
Team Leader / Cluster Manager-Millennium Villages Project
P.O. Box 2389-40100
The Team Leader and Science Coordinator Dertu Millennium Villages Project,
P.O Box 958-70100,Garissa (For Garissa Position)
Deadline for Application: 16th March 2012
NB: Only short listed applicants will be contacted.