Savannah Cement is the newest cement player to get into the Kenyan market and is currently about to complete a state-of –the-art greenfield cement grinding plant in Athi River Kenya.
The plant will employ the latest cement technology in the market to produce 1.5 million tonnes of various cement types per annum for the Kenyan and regional market.
Savannah Cement is seeking to recruit highly motivated, dynamic, innovative and result oriented professionals, seeking a thrilling and fulfilling experience, to join the company inthe following position:
Quality Control Officer
Reporting to the Technical Manager, this role ensures that all the chemical analysis and physical testing carried out within the plant are perfectly reliable.
He/she will be required to conduct physical and chemical analysis in order to determine whether the raw materials, semi-finished and end products comply with the required specifications norms and internal specifications.
- Develop and implement relevant key quality indicators and review them up regularly
- Ensure required standards and procedures for sampling, preparation and analysis are consistently met
- Support lab technicians and operators in the interpretation in case of unexpected values and check the reliability of the analytical results
- Analyze trends and control charts of monitoring samples.
- Ensure effective implementation of Savannah Cements’ Quality Technical Standards that deal with measurements; and
- Check and ensure that the end products comply with the company specifications and the required standards before dispatch.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering with a professional qualification in Analytical Chemistry. A Masters degree will be an added advantage.
- A minimum 5 years working experience as a chemist in a busy quality control laboratory preferably in cement manufacturing or related industry
- Good leadership skills and ICT knowledge, ; and
- A high level of integrity, excellent conceptual, reporting, communication, team relations, analytical, planning and coordination skills.
Applications should be submitted on or before March 15, 2012 to:
The Head of Human Resources,
Savannah Cement (epz) Limited,
P.O. Box 27910, 00100,
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Savannah Cement is an equal opportunities employer.