I Choose Life – Africa (ICL) is one of the leading Non-Governmental Organizations that has contributed greatly to HIV prevention efforts among the youth in Kenya today.
The organization has programs in over 150 institutions (tertiary institutions and high schools) across 13 counties in Kenya and reaches over 1 million youth annually with behavior change communication messages.
ICL's vision is to see a ‘Healthy Africa, Empowered People!’
The organization seeks to support to the implementation of Vision 2030 through cascadingit to the Counties.
ICL's mission is to create a movement of individuals that enhance the quality of life for communities through health initiatives, economic empowerment, academic & career mentoring and improved leadership & governance.
The organization has programs around four pillars: Health, Economic Empowerment, Academic and Career mentoring and Leadership and Governance (HEAL)
I Choose Life Africa is seeking to recruit an Assistant Monitoring &Evaluation Officer will be responsible of ensuring effective management of the project resources, implementation of program activities, and compiling of project monthly reports.
- Plan projects in consolidation with the PM in order to accomplish its goals within constraints such as time, cost and agreed quality standards
- Schedule tasks, deadlines and milestones for all stakeholders and resources
- Create Program and departmental work plans
- Create detailed chart of milestones for all program Outputs
- Develop and maintain relevant database of data and serve as a hub of data that may be required by the engaged Auditors and or other stakeholders
- Evaluation, Reporting & capacity building:
- General Monitoring and Evaluation on assigned projects
- Participate in the Design, data collection and analysis of surveys and routine data
- Support end of Project Evaluation focusing on M&E aspect of projects close out
- Participate in innovative and standardized research
- Spearhead and coordinate the development and timely submission of monthly reports for the donor, as well as other required reports by synthesizing the project activity reports from all the project activities.
- Track progress of Project implementation and make recommendation to the Management
- Synthesize, analyze data and write summary reports by program based on the M&E results and provide a monthly M&E report to the project manager
- In accordance with donor requirements, create or maintain procedures for capturing and publishing monthly, quarterly, and annual project reports
- Ensure evaluations of trainings and outreach activities are conducted and reports written and submitted to the Project Manager and the relevant persons
- To work closely with M & E colleagues to design activities to strengthen the capacity of ICL staff in Project M&E methodologies through provision of technical support e.g. skills assessment, training and appraisals. Hence, the M& E Officer will be expected to conduct internal capacity-building programs for ICL staff on Monitoring & Evaluation.
- Execute M&E activities included in the Annual Work Plan, with particular focus on results and impacts as well as in lesson learning.
- Grant proposal writing
- Work with the Program team to estimate costs & budgets
- Partners Management
- Obtain, discuss and follow-through with feedback from Head office and partners
- Work with head office and Partners to keep project focused within scope
- Ensure Partners’ expectations are met and exceeded in terms of quality of product and service delivered.
Required Qualifications, Competencies and Skills
- Bachelors Degree in Statistics, or other related fields
- Minimum two (2) years experience with participatory monitoring and evaluation which may include designing and conducting survey exercises, data collection (key stakeholder interviews, focus groups, surveys, and secondary data analysis techniques), and data management
- Experience in donor-funded projects
- Demonstrable experience in performing statistical analysis and interpreting results correctly
- Excellent command of computers and statistical software, especially experience with MS Access and SPSS or STATA. Ability to manipulate large data sets.
- Ability to work independently and to take initiative
- Service-oriented attitude towards work-- providing positive and timely feedback to colleagues and staff of partner institutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, including the ability to present materials in meetings and at conferences and to write project documents (including evaluation design plans, results frameworks, data collection and data analysis plans, and progress reports)
If you feel you are the right candidate, please send your CV and cover letter quoting your current and expected salary to email@example.com to reach us on or before 4th February, 2013 .
The subject line of your application should be ‘Assistant Monitoring and Evaluation Officer’.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
I Choose Life Africa is an equal opportunity employer.