Republic Of Kenya
Kisii County Government
County Public Service Board
The Kisii County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions as per SECTIONS 45,50, 51 and 58 of the County Government Act of 2012.
Sub County Accountant (9 Posts)
Job Group “L”
The Sub-County Accountant will be in-charge of one of the following sub-counties; Bonchari, Bobasi, KitutuChache South, KitutuChache North, South Mogirango, BomachogeBorabu, BomachogeChache, NyaribariChache and NyaribariMasaba
Terms Of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Salary Scale: Kshs. 35,910 – 45,880 p.m.
House Allowance: Kshs. 15,000 p.m.
Annual Leave Allowance
a) Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare, examine, and analyze Sub County accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
- Responsible for day-to-day running of the sub-county treasury including accounting for Authority to Incur Expenditure (AIE) at Sub-County level
- Implement sub-county policies and regulations as per directions
- Maintain complete records of finances for the Sub-County Treasury
- Prepare any other financial reports as may be required from time to time by the County Treasury
1. Be a Kenyan citizen
2. Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting or Finance option) or equivalent from institutions recognized in Kenya; or
3. CPA (K) or equivalent qualifications from institutions recognized in Kenya
4. At least 5 years working experience in a relevant position
5. Excellent strategic planning skills and able to interact at all levels
6. Computer literate
7. Able to work with minimal supervision
8. Must be a person of high integrity and have an excellent understanding of the requirement of Chapter six of the constitution
a) For a candidate to meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the constitution, one must have the following current clearance certificates:
1. A certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
2. A clearance certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
3. A tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
4. A certificate from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
b) Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
c) Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
How To Apply
All applications should be accompanied by a copy of National ID Card, a detailed CV and copies of all relevant certificates and testimonials.
They should be submitted in sealed envelopes clearly marked on the left side the position/specific area you are applying for to reach on or before 12th August 2013 and addressed to:
Kisii County Public Service Board
P O Box 4550-40200
Or Through email as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hand delivered applications should be handed over at the Kisii Public Service Board offices situated at Mwalimu House 3rd Floor.
KISII COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER