Republic of Kenya
Nyeri County Government Vacancies
The Nyeri County Government wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following position:
Ward Administrators (30 Posts)
Terms of Service: Term Contract
Duties and Responsibilities
The Ward Administrator shall be responsible to the Sub-County Administrator for the following:
- Coordinating, managing and supervising the general administrative functions in the ward unit.
- Developing policies and Plans.
- Ensuring effective Service delivery.
- Establishing, implementing, and monitoring performance management systems.
- Coordinating developmental activities to empower the community.
- Providing and maintaining infrastructure and facilities of Public Service.
- Facilitating and coordinating citizen participation in the development of policies and delivery of services.
- Exercising any functions and powers delegated by the County Public Service Board or any other Authority.
Requirements for Appointment
The Candidate must:
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Be a holder of a first degree from a university recognized in Kenya with a working experience of not less than 2 years in administration/management; OR be a holder of a diploma with not less than five (5) years’ experience in administration/management;
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Basic Salary: Ksh. 48,190 – 65,290 p.m
- House Allowance: Ksh. 17,000 p.m
- Other Allowances: Ksh. 8,000 p.m
- Medical Cover
- Service Gratuity of 20% of basic salary on completion of the contract
- 30 days annual leave with leave allowance.
How to apply
All applications should be submitted in sealed envelope clearly indicating the position applied for and addressed to:
The SecretaryNyeri County Public Service BoardP.O Box 1112-10100Nyeri
(Applications can also be hand delivered to the Governor’s office, former Municipal Council Offices, Nyeri).
Copies of the applications without attachments (but stating academic and professional qualifications, relevant experience and current and expected remuneration) should also be submitted online through the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants are required to obtain clearance from the following Institutions:
- The Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- The Ethics Anti Corruption Commission (EACC)
- A recognized Credit Reference Bureau.
Copies of these certificates must be attached to the applications.
- The application should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board, on or before 21st August 2013.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity cards, Certificates and Testimonials at the interview.
- The Nyeri County Government is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged persons who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply.
- The salary and benefits attached to each post will be as advised by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.