African Institute for Capacity Development (AICAD) is a regional international institution whose main mandate is poverty reduction through human resource capacity development.
The Institute is jointly funded by the governments of Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda.
The AICAD Head Office is located in Juja, Kenya.
AICAD has country offices in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda located at Egerton University, Nakuru, Sokoine University of Agriculture, Morogoro, and Makerere University in Kampala, respectively.
AICAD hereby invites applications from qualified nationals of Kenya who are competent, proactive and self-driven professionals to work in AICAD Country Office in Kenya, located at Egerton University, Njoro, Nakuru to immediately fill the positions below:
Assistant Country Director
Duty Station: AICAD Kenya Country Office, Egerton University in Njoro, Nakuru
Consolidated Salary: USD 23,393.40 Per Annum
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Answerable to the Country Director, the duties of Assistant Country Director will include but not be limited to the following:
- supervising staff in the Country Office,
- assist the Country Director in Country Office Administration,
- planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of research projects,
- training and information networking,
- coordinating the work of all researchers in the country right from proposal selection, the receipt of funding, monitoring, evaluation and final report presentation,
- assist in coordinating the processing of data for AICAD research, training, extension and information networking,
- preparing detailed periodic reports on AICAD country research programmes,
- responding to and acting upon queries from AICAD Headquarters,
- undertaking various types of duties related to AICAD mandate at the Country level,
- assisting the Country Director on activities related to AICAD Public Relations at the Country level,
- undertaking any other duties as may be assigned by the Country Director or his/her seniors at HQs.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Should have a Masters Degree in one of the following areas: Agricultural Sciences, Engineering, Natural Sciences or Humanities and Social Science.
- At least 5 years of teaching/research or administrative experience at a University or equivalent institution, research institution/government, private or international organization.
- At least 5 years experience in Programme Management in the development sector,
- must be computer literate,
- must be fluent in English;
- applicants must be between 35 – 50 years of age.
- The PhD in the above mentioned areas will be an added advantage;
Note: The positions are on three-year contract renewable on mutual agreement.
Candidates who are interested and meet the above-mentioned requirements should send their applications along with copies of certificates and testimonials, a daytime telephone contact, email, names and addresses of three referees to reach the address below not later than 19th July 2013.
Applications can also be sent by email to: email@example.com
The Executive Director
African Institute for Capacity Development (AICAD)
P.O. BOX 46179 GPO 00100
[AICAD is an equal opportunity employer]
NB: Only short – listed candidates will be contacted